Are you searching for an opportunity to join an incredible team on a mission to reimagine the remodeling experience? COCOON’s close-knit team of creative designers, skilled craftsmen, and exceptional administrators is growing! Currently, we employ over 25 people who work out of our Design Studio located in West Chester, PA and we are looking for Carpenter’s Apprentices to help us tackle the next season of business.
We put our hearts into every home remodel because we know this isn’t just about laying foundations and knocking down walls. It’s about using our skills and expertise to guide customers through the home remodeling process simply and seamlessly. It’s about making families feel uplifted, inspired, and joyful in their homes.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager and supports the company by:
- Performing manual labor, handling various construction materials and equipment, and cleaning job sites
- Responsible for installing job site protections as instructed to prevent potential damage; respect the customer’s property
- Strives to improve on carpentry skills and gain a greater understanding of basic construction techniques.
- Performs to the best of ability; follows directions well
- Understands and complies with all company policies and safety guidelines
- Maintains excellent company image; demonstrates integrity and relates to our customers and team
- Attends company meetings and company functions as requested
- Demonstrates allegiance to the company and respect for supervisors
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Ability to actively learn and follow directions
- Can understand construction documentation
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to perform physically demanding work on a consistent basis, including lifting 100 pounds
- Must be competent, dependable, and able to work well at all levels in a team environment
Education and Experience:
- Must have basic carpentry skills
- Must be competent, dependable, and be able to work well with all levels in a team environment
Perks of Working at COCOON:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Fun Company Events & an Inspiring Company Culture!
*Please do not apply if you do not live within a 30-minute drive of West Chester, PA. At COCOON, we know how important it is to be home with your family and eventually, the distance will become an issue. If you apply and do not meet the distance requirements, we will assume that you did not read the job description fully and your application will be discarded. Thank you for understanding!