Are you searching for an opportunity to join an incredible team on a mission to reimagine the remodeling experience? COCOON’s close-knit team of creative designers, skilled craftsmen, and exceptional administrators is growing! Currently, we employ over 25 people who work out of our Design Studio located in West Chester, PA and we are looking for an Interior Designer to help us tackle the next season of business.
We put our hearts into every home remodel because we know this isn’t just about laying foundations and knocking down walls. It’s about using our skills and expertise to guide customers through the home remodeling process simply and seamlessly. It’s about making families feel uplifted, inspired, and joyful in their homes.
COCOON is the Philadelphia suburbs’ leader in home remodeling. We are seeking to hire a Kitchen and Bath Specialist for our next stretch of growth in business and want to speak with all serious and well-experienced candidates who are passionate about helping to reimagine the home remodeling industry through our unique approach to business.
The Kitchen & Bath Specialist at COCOON is the specialist in the Interior Design Department. The individual in this role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of cabinetry and directly related items for each project at COCOON. The Kitchen & Bath Specialist works closely with COCOON’s Interior Design team to ensure the customers’ vision comes to life through the cabinetry and related items by overseeing all aspects of designing, revising, ordering, checking acknowledgments, and overseeing installs. This position reports directly to the Interior Design Manager.
At COCOON we have engineered a simple step-by-step approach for our customers to achieve their dreams of home renovations. Stage 1 is Architecture. Stage 2 is Interior Design where the customer relies on our team of designers to help them select the specific hard finishes for their renovations. These often include Cabinetry, Countertops, Tile, Flooring, Hardware, Plumbing, Lighting Fixtures, Paint Colors, etc. At this time, we do not include design services for furniture, décor, window coverings, artwork, etc. Only the specific items necessary for the renovations COCOON is performing.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Work with architecture and interior design to determine preliminary design for kitchens and bathrooms
- Guide customers to select the following Prime Selections:
- Large Plumbing fixtures (tubs, shower pans, shower systems, tub fillers, steam shower units, kitchen sinks
- Tile (backsplash, flooring, bathroom tile, and jamb/curb materials
- Flooring (Hardwood, Carpet, Lvt, rubber gym floor)
- Cabinetry (Kitchen, mudroom, laundry, vanities, bars, pantry, built-ins)
- Countertops (countertops, windowsills, shower seats)
- Guide customers to select the following secondary selections
- Plumbing Fixtures (toilets, faucets, shower/tub kits)
- Lighting: Sconces, Pendants, Exterior Lighting, Fans, Closet lighting, chandeliers
- Paint and Stain color selection and sheen
- Shower Glass, bathroom accessories, bathroom mirrors, cabinetry hardware, and hooks
- Prepare customer sign-off of the above selections with detailed drawings, elevations, and renderings, as well as detailed specification sheets and descriptions
- Use 2020 to design and price-specific layouts and provide a template for an Interior Designer to input into Chief Architect
- Once the design is finalized, order, check acknowledgments and go over the schedule with Project Managers and Interior Designers
- Provide quotes for countertops and arrange/schedule templates and installs with Project Managers
- Be the point person for any customer service-related issues related to cabinetry such as (but not limited to): broken, missing pieces, on-site potential workarounds, delivery arrangements, quick ship coordination for additional parts
- Vendor Relationships
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with vendors
- Research new potential product vendors & work with the Interior Design Manager to curate the best possibilities for our customers in terms of cabinetry and countertops for our good, better, best offerings
- Procedures & Processes
- Work with the Interior Design Manager to implement new processes as needed for efficiencies within the department as related to cabinetry and countertops
- Be responsible for:
- Tracking and managing customer expectations of job costs/overages
- Accurately price/reconcile all selections related to cabinetry and countertops
- Cabinet and countertop orders
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the kitchen and bath industry
- Possess an Interior-based design education or double of years of experience working in the kitchen and bath industry
- High level of experience with direct cabinetry ordering and ensuring proper orders from the department
- Working knowledge of Chief Architect Version 2020 and 2020 Design Program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with customer selections and finishes and ability to curate samples and present to customers (and/or) designers
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Perks of Working at COCOON
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401(K) Plan
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life and AD&D
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Fun Company Events & an Inspiring Company Culture!
*Please do not apply if you do not live within a 40-minute drive of West Chester, PA. At COCOON, we know how important it is to be home with your family and eventually, the distance will become an issue. We are not a remote workforce. Attendance at our West Chester design studio is required on all work days. If you apply and do not meet the distance requirements, we will assume that you did not read the job description fully and your application will be discarded. Thank you for honoring our wishes and for your understanding!